Cyber Insurance Coverage
What are some examples of cyber risks?
- Employee Error – losing a USB key, failing to secure passwords, e.g. theft of vehicle with back-up left inside
- Malicious Hackers – attempt to shut companies down – steal data or money. Hackers have become an enterprise with HR departments, R & D, customer service
- Ransomware/Extortion– hack where data is stolen or made inaccessible and a demand is made, usually for cash (bitcoin)
- Breach – any time sensitive, protected or confidential data has potentially been viewed, stolen or used by an individual or entity without authorization
- DDos – Distributed Denial of Service. An attack that attempts to render your online service unavailable.
How can I protect myself against cyber attacks?
- Have a technology audit done to identify potential risks.
- Develop policy around internet and data controls
- Educate, Educate, Educate – many cyber attacks are caused from employee error.
What types of insurance protection are available?
Cyber insurance protection can pay for sums you become liable for as a result of some of the following issues:
- Multimedia and Advertising liability arising out of media content, user generated content or your business activities
- Intellectual Property Rights Infringement
- Invasion of Privacy Rights
- Cost arising out of Privacy Breaches
- Reputation Management
Ransomware protection is also available in the event your computers or website are hacked and held for ransom.
We can review your business operation to evaluate your specific risks
and tailor make a program just for you!
Your Partner in Protection.
Have a Question?
Drop Heather a line!